The biannual Quantitative Infrared Thermography Conference (QIRT)
is a meeting of
the scientific and industrial community interested and actively working in research, application and
technology related to infrared thermography.
All Conference topics are intended to quantitative results comprising temperature values as well as further parameters on the tested materials and structures. The latter ones are usually obtained through active thermography, e. g. by exploiting non-stationary heat transfer processes activated by additional heat sources or by considering wavelength dependent effects.
Passive and active thermography methods and technologies are spread now along a multitude of areas of applications, which all profit from each other.
- State-of-the-art and evolution in the field of infrared scanners and imaging systems allowing quantitative measurements, and related data acquisition and processing systems.
- Calibration and characterization of infrared cameras and related topics like certification, standardization, validation, emissivity determination, absorption in media, translucent media, spurious radiations, three dimensionality of observed objects.
- Characterization of optical and further heat sources for active thermography.
- Analytical and numerical modeling, data reduction and image processing related to infrared thermography.
- Application of infrared thermography to radiometry, thermometry, and physical parameters identification and quantification, in all fields: fluid mechanics, solid mechanics, structures and material sciences, nondestructive evaluations, electromagnetism, medicine and biomedical sciences, remote sensing, environment monitoring, industrial processes and other.
Third Announcement - Call for Papers
You can download the Third announcement in pdf format.Third Announcement
INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, Miramarska cesta 24, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
International Hotel is a 4-star hotel situated in a prime location in the centre of Zagreb. Hotel International is an ideal place to organize events such as meetings, seminars, conferences as well as banquets. All conference facilities have:
- built in airconditioning
- and the most modern technical equipment
Hotel features 6 flexible and functional meeting rooms, modern AV equipment, courteous and professional staff and has famous gourmet breaks during all sorts of business events.
Transport to Zagreb
Franjo Tuđman Airport is located 25 km from the city centre. From the airport there are buses every
half hour to the bus terminal in Zagreb
Main railway station is located in the centre of Zagreb and in 15 min walking distance to Conference venue.
Zagreb is connected by motorways with the most European cities (Ljubljana, Trieste, Graz, Budapest, Belgrade). The motorways in Croatia are tolled.
Up to now, there has been 19 QIRT conferences.
1st conference on QIRT
2nd conference on QIRT
3rd conference on QIRT
4th conference on QIRT
7 - 10 September 1998
5th conference on QIRT
18 - 21 July 2000
6th conference on QIRT
24 - 27 September 2002
7th conference on QIRT
5 - 8 July 2004
8th conference on QIRT
28 - 30 June 2006
9th conference on QIRT
2 - 5 July 2008
10th conference on QIRT
27 - 30 July 2010
11th conference on QIRT
11 - 14 June 2012
12th conference on QIRT
7 - 12 July 2014
1st conference on QIRT Asia
6 - 10 July 2015
13th conference on QIRT
4 - 8 July 2016
2nd conference on QIRT Asia
2 - 6 July 2017
14th conference on QIRT
4 - 8 July 2018
3rd conference on QIRT Asia
1 - 5 July 2019
15th conference on QIRT
21 - 30 September 2020
16th conference on QIRT
4 - 8 July 2022
4th conference on QIRT Asia
30 October - 3 November 2023
17th conference on QIRT
1 - 5 July 2024